REEFER 3XL 900 – What’s included:
– Rimless, 19mm / ¾” super-clear, beveled edge glass aquarium
– Elegant, reinforced plywood Marine-Spec cabinet with aluminum support
– Dual side-facing return pump outlets with fittings for one or two pumps
– Enlarged overflow box for increased surface skimming
– Unique split sump system for unsurpassed flexibility:
– Professional refugium-ready main sump with variable height skimmer chamber and micron filter bags and media cups
– Extension sump (60 liters/ 16 gal) can be used as a dedicated frag-tank or refugium. Alternatively, it can be disconnected and used as an independent reservoir of 83 liters / 22 gal.
– A silent, regulated down-flow system with emergency overflow
– Assembly-ready piping – no gluing required
Unmatched water circulation & surface skimming
Maintaining the familiar rimless format and clean lines of the REEFER series, the 3XL 900 introduces an enlarged overflow box with dual side-facing return pump outlets and increased surface skimming that provides ideal water circulation in the tanks with flows of up to 10,000 lph / 2600 gph. The new dual return system and the enlarged overflow developed for the 3XL 900 have also been implemented on the XXL 750 V3, giving it a new look and significantly improved flow dynamics and surface skimming. Both systems come complete with fittings to attach either single or dual return pumps.
The new split sump – unsurpassed flexibility
A unique feature of the 3XL 900 is a split sump system that provides unmatched flexibility. The main sump is set for the main filtration functions with an optional refugium chamber and a dedicated adjustable height skimmer chamber. The sump extension can be connected to the main sump and used for additional filtration, as a larger refugium or even as a dedicated frag tank. Alternatively, it can be set up as an independent unit and used as a full-size RO reservoir or saltwater reservoir for automated water changes.